What Is The Most Approved Disability
Arthritis and other musculoskeletal system disabilities make up the most commonly approved conditions for social security disability benefits. This is because arthritis is so common. In the United States, over 58 million people suffer from arthritis. If you have arthritis that makes walking or daily living difficult, you may qualify for disability benefits.
Information You Need To Apply
Before applying, be ready to provide information about yourself, your medical condition, and your work. We recommend you print and review the . It will help you gather the information you need to complete the application.
Information About You
- Your date and place of birth and Social Security number.
- The name, Social Security number, and date of birth or age of your current spouse and any former spouse. You should also know the dates and places of marriage and dates of divorce or death .
- Names and dates of birth of children not yet 18 years of age.
- Your bank or other and the account number.
Information About Your Medical Condition
- Name, address, and phone number of someone we can contact who knows about your medical conditions and can help with your application.
- Detailed information about your medical illnesses, injuries, or conditions:
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, patient ID numbers, and dates of treatment for all doctors, hospitals, and clinics.
- Names of medicines, the amount you are taking, and who prescribed them.
- Names and dates of medical tests you have had and who ordered them.
Information About Your Work:
- Award letters, pay stubs, settlement agreements, or other .
We accept photocopies of W-2 forms, self-employment tax returns, and medical documents, but we must see the originals of most other documents, such as your birth certificate.
Do not delay applying for benefits because you do not have all the documents. We will help you get them.
Is It Expensive To Hire A Lawyer
We understand that the thought of another expense may deter you from asking for help when you need it. If you have a disability that prevents you from working, you cant afford to pay upfront fees or hourly attorney rates. Rest assured that in most cases, you dont have to.
Lawyers will often offer free consultations and operate on a contingency basis. This means that if they cant recover benefits on your behalf, you dont owe your lawyer anything in return. You only pay if you get the benefits you need. Dont worry too much about how much it will cost. Hiring a lawyer is an investment you make to get the money you need.
You May Like: Ipad Disabled How To Reset
Applying For Social Security Disability Benefits With Heart Failure
Social Security Disability benefits can provide an individual who is suffering from heart failure with a monthly income as well as medical insurance to cover medical expenses.
When an individual suffers from heart failure, it can be impossible to maintain a full time job. Working a job with heart failure can be dangerous, yet the lack of income caused by an inability to work can result in significant financial stress. While it may seem like a vicious cycle, the good news is that Social Security Disability benefits may be the solution to this problem. Social Security Disability benefits can provide an individual who is suffering from heart failure with a monthly income as well as medical insurance to cover medical expenses.
Apply Online For Disability Benefits
Social Security offers an online disability application you can complete at your convenience. Apply from the comfort of your home or any location at a time most convenient for you. You do not need to drive to your local Social Security office or wait for an appointment with a Social Security representative.
You can use the online application to apply for disability benefits if you:
- Are age 18 or older
- Are not currently receiving benefits on your own Social Security record
- Are unable to work because of a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months or result in death: and
- Have not been denied disability benefits in the last 60 days. If your application was recently denied for medical reasons, the Internet Appeal is a starting point to request a review of the medical determination we made.
- Print and review the Adult Disability Checklist.
It will help you gather the information you need to complete the application.
We suggest that you have the following information at hand. It will make completing the application much easier.
Information About You
Information About Your Medical Condition
Information About Your Work
We may ask you to provide documents to show that you are eligible, such as:
We accept photocopies of W-2 forms, self-employment tax returns or medical documents, but we must see the original of most other documents, such as your birth certificate.
Mailing Your Documents
After we receive your online application, we will:
Read Also: Can I Collect Unemployment While Waiting For Disability
Louisiana State And Federal Civil Service
Louisiana state and city civil service departments award a five to ten-point preference in original appointment to Veterans who served honorably in the U.S. Armed Forces under certain circumstances. Federal law also grants five and ten-point preference to Veterans who meet certain criteria when they apply for federal jobs.
How to Apply
To see current state job openings, please visit: www.civilservice.la.gov or call toll free 1-866-783-5462.
For more information about Federal openings, please visit www.fedshirevets.gov or call 606-7304.
La National Guard Death And Disability Benefit
Louisiana National guardsmen suffering a permanent and total disability while on federal or state active duty on or after September 11, 2001, or the beneficiary of record of those killed in action may qualify for a $250,000 death or $100,000 disability benefit from the State of Louisiana. Certain restrictions apply.
Don’t Miss: Va Disability Sleep Apnea Eligibility Criteria
How Do I Know Centauri Health Solutions Is Not A Scam
Unfortunately, there are scam companies who may say they want to help you apply for SSI. Or they may say they want to help you fix a problem with your Social Security Number. But they are really trying to steal your personal information.
Centauri Health Solutions is not a scam company.
Louisiana Healthcare Connections has chosen Centauri as a trusted partner who can help our members apply for SSI and SSDI. Centauri may call you if they think you may be eligible. They will keep all your personal information safe and confidential.
To verify if a call you received is from Centauri, just call them directly! Call toll-free 1-866-263-6608 , MondayThursday 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Or call Member Services at 1-866-595-8133 and well be happy to transfer you.
Centauri Health Solutions will never ask for your bank account number. Never give you bank account number to anyone over the phone.
Louisiana And Social Security Disability Benefits
- This image courtesy of Pixabay
ALL STATE DATA UPDATED FOR 2022!
Everyones experience applying for Social Security Disability benefits will be unique. Part of this is because everyones individual medical and work history is different. But, potential applicants should also know that each state like Louisiana has its own story to tell in terms of social security disability benefit approval rates at each stage of the process, as well as waiting times at the hearing stage.
You May Like: 70 Va Disability And Social Security
Veteran Designation And Discounts On Louisiana Drivers Licenses And Ids
Veterans can now be recognized through a special VETERAN designation on their official Louisiana drivers licenses and IDs. Veterans may also qualify for special discounts or waivers on fees for drivers licenses or IDs. Proof of Veteran status is required.
How to Apply
For more information on VETERAN designations, contact your local Louisiana State Office of Motor Vehicles. For more about waivers, please contact the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles at 925-6146 or visit your nearest LDVA Veterans Parish Service Office.
What Is The Difference Between Ssi And Ssdi
Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Insurance both provide benefits based on disability or blindness. But the programs have different rules affecting eligibility and benefit payments. Centauri can help you find out if you qualify for SSI, SSDI or both.
SSIAdults with disabilities or children with disabilities who have limited income and resources may qualify for SSI. You do not have to have a work history to apply for SSI.
SSDIPeople who have worked for 10 or more years may be eligible for SSDI and qualify for higher benefits. Certain family members may also be eligible to receive benefits.
Concurrent benefitsSome people may qualify to receive both SSI and SSDI at the same time. This is called having concurrent benefits.
Don’t Miss: Social Security Disability Caregiver Pay
Who Qualifies For Louisiana Disability Benefits
If you have health issues or a disability that prevent you from working, you might be eligible for Louisiana disability benefits. Depending on your circumstances, you may qualify for Supplemental Security Income or Social Security Disability Insurance . The Social Security Administration administers both programs, including payments. Each program is slightly different, but both pay Louisiana disability benefits to qualified applicants. See details about each program and whats necessary to qualify below.
Basic Eligibility For Benefits
The SSA must see that you meet basic eligibility requirements before further reviewing your application for benefits. This basic eligibility includes having:
- A formal diagnosis of a potentially disabling condition
- A diagnosed condition that will disable you for 12 months of longer
After the SSA confirms that you meet basic eligibility, they will then move on to review your medical condition in detail and verify that you meet all program requirements for SSDI and/or SSI.
Don’t Miss: How Much Money Can You Make On Disability Social Security
S For Applying For Social Security Disability In La
Filing for SSD in Louisiana has four possible steps:
- Initial Application: You can file your application over the phone by calling 800-772-1213, in person at your local SSA office or via the Social Security website. It generally takes three to four months to hear a response to an initial application.
- Hearing: Both nationally and in Louisiana, 68 percent of disability applications are denied. Unlike other states, Louisiana does not require people to submit a request for reconsideration, which means you can get to the next step much faster. Appealing this decision means requesting a hearing, which will take an average of seven months to schedule. While that may sound like a long time, its much quicker than in other states. At the hearing, a judge will question you about your condition and your employment history. The judge will hand down the decision within 30 days.
- Appeal Review: About half of hearings result in an unfavorable decision, which means you may want to file an appeal requesting the government to reconsider the application. It takes about 60 days to appeal, basically asking the appeals review to determine that the hearing judge made an error. Very few cases are appealed successfully.
- File Disability Case in Federal Court: Each disability case is different, and most do not end up in federal court. This is the last resort and generally means your case involves a complex legal issue. An attorney must represent you in a federal case.
Nervous System And Sense Organs
The nervous system helps all the body parts communicate. Its also responsible for decision-making.
The nervous system includes the:
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, the following are examples of nervous system disorders:
- Infections like meningitis and polio
- Functional disorders like epilepsy and neuralgia
- Degenerative diseases like multiple sclerosis and Parkinson disease
- Structural disorders like Bells palsy and brain or spinal cord injuries
Nervous system and sense organ disorders make up 9.7% of those receiving Social Security Disability benefits.
Recommended Reading: Caught Working While On Disability
The Medal Of Honor Character Development Program
The Medal of Honor CDP is a resource designed by teachers to provide students with opportunities to explore the important concepts of courage, commitment, sacrifice, patriotism, integrity and citizenship and how these values can be exemplified in daily life. The depth and breadth of our students insight and reflection after interacting with these materials has been remarkable. We are confident that you will find these resources to be as rich and engaging as we have.
What Are The Documents You Need
The following documents are needed for you to be eligible:
- Personal information
- Birth certificate or other proof of birth
- U.S. Citizenship or lawful alien status if you are born outside the United States
- U.S. military discharge papers for those who made military service before 1968
- Tax returns from the prior year
- Proof of other types of benefits you received
Read Also: Social Security Disability Impairment Listing
Get Help Filing Your Claim Or Appeal
If you need help filing a claim or appeal, you may want to work with an accredited attorney, a claims agent, or a Veterans Service Officer . We trust these professionals because theyre trained and certified in the VA claims and appeals processes and can help you with VA-related needs.
VSOs work on behalf of Veterans and service membersas well as their dependents and survivors. Find out more about accredited representatives and how they can help you.
Applying For Social Security Disability And Ssi Benefits
You can apply online for Social Security Disability benefits, you can file in person at your local Social Security office, or by calling 772-1213.
To find your local Social Security office, click here and enter your home zip code. Locate a Social Security Office.
Before you begin your application, you should collect certain information regarding your medical treatment, work history and other facts. To view a checklist of the information that you will need, Disability Checklist.
When you are ready to apply for Social Security Disability Benefits, Apply for Disability. You will not have to complete the entire application in one sitting. You will have the option of saving your application and returning to it later.
You can also complete most of your application for SSI Disability benefits online, but to finish the application process you will have to visit a Social Security office. You canApply for SSI to begin the SSI application process for yourself or for a child.
Recommended Reading: 100 Disabled Veteran Tsa Precheck
Louisiana Veterans Honor Medal
The Louisiana Veterans Honor Medal was created to honor, recognize and thank Louisiana Veterans for their honorable military service. Medals are available to all honorably discharged Louisiana Veterans and to the family of those killed in action.
The Louisiana Veterans Honor Medal is available with a blue ribbon for honorable discharge, a purple ribbon for Purple Heart recipients, a black ribbon for Prisoners of War, and a yellow ribbon for killed in action.
How to Apply
To apply for your Louisiana Veterans Honor Medal, please complete an application by filling out our form online. You will also be required to submit a copy of your DD214 or discharge papers with your application.
Discounts For Licenses And State Parks
Louisiana Veterans can enjoy discounts and fee waivers for hunting and fishing licenses as well as entrance to Louisiana state parks. Certain qualifications apply.
Beginning June 1, 2022For Non-Resident Disabled Veterans who have a permanent service-connected classification of 50% or more:
- LDVA will certify the application and email the completed application to LWF , where LDWF will certify and send the veteran his/her initial hunting/fishing license.
- Each year after that, the veteran may purchase that new years hunting/fishing license either online on your website or in person at any one of the retailers listed at your hunting or recreational fishing license listing on your website under
How to Apply
Visit your local VAC. Find your nearest LDVA Veterans Parish Service Office here.
Read Also: What Is 100 Va Disability
Is It Worth Hiring An Attorney For Louisiana Disability Benefits
Working with a Louisiana disability lawyer triples your chances of approval for SSDI or SSI within 6 months. These attorneys work on contingency, meaning you pay nothing if the SSA denies your claim. If you do win, youll pay a small, one-time fee. There is no risk for you to speak with an attorney to see if your case is strong. Why not sign up for a free, no-obligation phone call to discuss your options today?
Ready to see if you may qualify? Click the button below to start your free online benefits evaluation now!
Other Ways You Can Apply
Apply With Your Local Office
You can do most of your business with Social Security online. If you cannot use these online services, your local Social Security office can help you apply. You can find the phone number for your local office by using our Office Locator and looking under Social Security Office Information. The toll-free Office number is your local office.
Apply By Phone
If You Do Not Live in the U.S. Or One of Its Territories
Contact the if you live outside the U.S. or a U.S. territory and wish to apply for retirement benefits.
Mailing Your Documents
If you mail any documents to us, you must include the Social Security number so that we can match them with the correct application. Do not write anything on the original documents. Please write the Social Security number on a separate sheet of paper and include it in the mailing envelope along with the documents.
Also Check: How Long Is Long-term Disability